Jinhua, a large prefectural city of Zhejiang province, has a history of more than 2,200 years. Anciently called Wuzhou, it is located in the middle of Zhejiang province and administrates the downtown area comprised of Wucheng District and Jindong District, Lanxi city, Yiwu city, Dongyang city, Yongkang city, Wuyi county, Pujiang county and Panan county. Jinhua is a nationally famous city of China for history and culture, and one of top ten most habitable cities in China. The tourist attractions in Jinhua could be categorized into three parts as below: |
The Business Hubs of Jinhua
Jinhua is a famous business center and the manufacturing hub of China. It is famous for technology hardware industry, small commodities industry and furnishing industry. Three most important industrial bases of China respectively situate in Yiwu, Yongkang and Dongyang. More information as below:
The Cultural Landmarks of Jinhua
- Yiwu – China Small-Commodities City. This is the globally largest small commodities marketplace. The most important center of the marketplaces is Yiwu International Trade City. World famous as the center of commodities of the world market, Yiwu is a No.1 small commodities collection and distribution center, specially the opening of Yiwu-Madrid Special Cargo Rail along the world-famous Silk Road, Yiwu has a greater ambition in the development of small commodities industry. More to read at the Introduction to Yiwu Small Commodities City >>>
- Yongkang - China Technology Hardware City. China Technology Hardware City was built at the end of 1992, and after several years ‘construction and development, it currently is China's largest hardware marketplace. China Technology Hardware City is located in Yongkang, which boasts the Capital of Hardware. More to read at the Introduction to China Technology Hardware City >>>
- Dongyang – China Woodcarvings City & Annatto Furniture Marketplace. China Woodcarving City is the largest wooden art-ware wholesale market. It collects tens of thousands of superior products such as the woodcarving, root-carving, antiquing door and window, well-carved furniture, the carvings of Buddha, bamboo weaving artwork and so on. The highlight of the product is the annatto furniture. In recent years, it is more known in the western world, and more and more foreign businessmen wholesale the woodcarving products here. More to read at the Introduction to China Woodcarvings City >>>
Jinhua has lots of cultural landmarks specially embodied in the traditional building complexes, ancient villages, temples of Buddhism and Taoism. They demonstrate the distinction and uniqueness of Jinhua in the realm of tourism. They are all the heritage of history to tell people the glorious past of Jinhua. We select some of the typical and influential landmarks of culture hereinafter:
The Natural Landscapes of Jinhua
- Hengdian World Studio. Known as the filmmaking base of China, Hengdian World Studio is a large comprehensive tourist zone of tourism, holiday, leisure and sightseeing. In 1996, it was built for making movie of the Opium War directed by Xie Jin. In this largest replica park of ancient China, travelers can visit the Hong Kong Street, The Forbidden City, The Palace of Prince Qin, and The Scenic Zone of Riverside Scene at Qingming Festival and so on. Today, it is the world’s largest filmmaking base and boasts the Hollywood of China. More to read at the Introduction to Hengdian World Studio >>>
- Zhuge Bagua Village (Lanxi). Located in the west Lanxi city, roughly 18 kilometers away from the downtown area of Lanxi city, Zhuge Village is the largest settlement of the descendents of Zhuge Liang, a great man of brilliance in history of China. The whole village is built in the form of eight diagrams (Ba Gua). It preserves a large number of folk residences of Ming and Qing Dynasties. More to read at the Introduction to Zhuge Bagua Village >>>
- Lu Family Residence (Dongyang). Boasting the gem of the ancient folk residential complex of China, Lu Fmaily Residence is located in Luzhai Village, in the east suburb of Dongyang City. Since Song Dynasty, the Lu family lived here. Especially in the Ming and Qing Dynasties, the whole residential building complex was enlarged. In 1988, it was listed to be a national key protection site of China. More to read at the Introduction to Dongyang Lu Residence >>>
- Yuyuan Tai Chi & Star Image Village (Wuyi) . This is a cultural and historic village of China under the national protection. As a site of folk culture demonstration village of China, it is one of four top scenic spots in Jinhua. The ancient building complex of Yuyuan is listed in the second group of national intangible cultural heritage sites. It is said that the whole building complex was designed in line with the star arrangement in the sky. It was the work of Liu Bowen. Currently, there are 1,027 rooms available. The whole village has a profound culture of fengshui, taiji and xingxiang, and the perfect performance of the philosophy of human-heaven oneness. More to read at the Introduction to Yuyuan Taiji Xingxiang Village >>>
- Wufeng Academy is an ancient building complex located at Chenglu Village, Fangyan Town. It is the original land of Yongkang Academic School of Southern Song Dynasty, and comprised of the symbolic buildings like Wufeng Academy, Lize Memorial, Xueyi House and so on. It was the place that Wang Yangming of Ming Dynasty advocated and spread the academic thoughts. In the southern Song Dynasty, Zhu Xi, Lv Donglai and Chen Liang taught here. It was a sacred land of ancient philosophers to study and teach. More to read at the Introduction to Wufeng Academy >>>
- Bayong Tower, originally named Xuanchang Tower, was built in Southern Dynasty, and extended in 1187, but burnt down during the time from 1312 to 1313. This is a cultural and poetic site that many ancient souls of literature such as Shen Yue and Li Qingzhao left their great poems. More to read at the Introduction to Bayong Tower >>>
- The Ancestral Palace of Wong Tai Sin. This is the largest Taoist temple in Jiangnan region. More to read at the Legend of Wong Tai Sin >>>
- Tianning Temple. This is a key cultural site under the national protection, one of three most typical buildings of wooden structure in southern China. The existed The Grand Hall of the Great Sage was restored in 1979, and preserves the original look of that in Yuan Dynasty. There are more than several hundred brackets in the hall, and the shape of the brackets looks like the flying birds, and then it has a nickname of Hundreds of Birds Worshiping Phoenix. More to read at the Introduction to Tianning Temple >>>
- Shiwang's Residence of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. It is located in Jiufang Alley, Jinhua downtown area, and used to be the command post of Li Shixian, known as Shiwang King in Taiping Heavenly Kingdom system (1851-1864). It was built in 1861 and highlighted with its well-preserved frescos the artworks. Today, it is an important cultural site under the national protection.
- The other influential tourist sites include Chinese Wuju Opera Theater, Jinhua Municipal Sports Center, Chinese Camellia Culture Park, Jinhua Culture and Art Center, Huang Binhong Park, Wuzhou Park, Jinhua Architectural Art Park, Wubaitan Park, Citizenship Park, People’s Square, Shi Guangnan Music Square, Jinhua Zoo, Qingfeng Park and Aiqing Park, Yiwu Xiuhu Square, Yiwu Riverside Theme Park, Yiwu Sea World, Yiwu Meihu Sports Center, Chouzhou Park, Changcheng Park and Xuefeng Park.
Geologically and geographically, Jinhua is a large area with complicated natural characteristics, and owns lots of natural resources and landscapes. The perfect natural landscapes for sightseeing are listed below:
The Universities in Jinhua City
- Double Dragon Cave. Approximately 15 kilometers away from the downtown area of Jinhua, Shuanglong Cave is a national forest park and comprised of different scenic zones like Shuanglong Cave Scenic Zone, Huang Daxian Scenic Zone, Jianfeng Mountain Scenic Zone, Shisong Mountain Scenic Zone, Dapan Mountain Scenic Zone and Jiayuanli Scenic Zone. It is a place that said to be the settlement of the deity. It has the underground river, karst geological feature, Taoist legend, natural sightseeing and summer resorts. More to read at the Introduction to Double Dragon Cave >>>
- Hot Spring Resort (Wuyi). In Zhejiang province, Wuyi is famous as a city of hot spring. Now it is a popular travel destination for weekend hot spring leisure. More to read at the Introduction to Hot Spring Resort >>>
- Huaxi (Panan), approximately 8 kilometers away from the downtown Panan, it is located at the foot of Dapan Mountain, a national natural reserve. It has a strong sense of countryside retreat.
- Dapan Mountain National Natural Reserve located in Anwen Town, Panan County, is a special conjunction zone of southern and northern plants in China. It is the third natural reserve of China in Zhejiang province. Especially, this natural reserve is China’s only protection zone of wild medicinal plants. More to read at the Introduction to Dapan Mountain National Natural Reserve >>>
- Xianyuan Lake Travel Resort is located in Andi Town, which is an ancient town of thousands of years and known as the hometown of sweet osmanthus in Jinhua. It covers a planning area of 9.8 square km and is 10 km away from the urban, and is the 12th provincial travel resort after Qiandao Lake and Mogan Mountain. There are piles of screen-like mountain peaks, springs and dense forests. There are ecological views such as a-thousand-mile-long flowers, young trees and bamboos, and even a corridor of ten-mile-long sweet osmanthus. Every golden autumn, the resort is filled with fragrant giving people pleasant feeling.
- Others include the Underground River of Six-Cave Mountain, the Jianghua Mountain of Pujiang, Baizhang Pond, Jiufeng Mountain of Tangxi, and Pingyan Fairyland ( it boasts the No.1 Taoist Fairyland of Jiangnan Region)
Zhejiang Normal University was originated from Hangzhou Normal School, a teacher-training college built in 1956, and in 1958, it was upgraded to be Hangzhou Normal College, and in 1962, it was combined with Zhejiang Education College and Zhejiang Sports College, and then changed to be Zhejiang Normal College and moved to Jinhua from Hangzhou in 1965. In 1985, it was changed to be Zhejiang Normal University. More to read at the Introduction to Zhejiang Normal University >>>
Zhejiang College of Shanghai University of Finance & Economics – This is an independent college of Shanghai University of Finance & Economics in Zhejiang province. Shanghai University of Finance and Economics is a prestigious university of China. More to read at the Introduction to Shanghai University of Finance & Economics >>>
Yiwu Business Tours